Loopmail is the official student email of Columbia. All official Columbia email communications will be delivered via Loopmail; so it is important that students check their account regularly or forward it to an account they will check regularly. Registration information, billing information, financial aid information, an all-student newsletter, and several targeted newsletters are available for students to receive each month. This information is all found in the Loopmail inbox. Check it.
Logging in to Loopmail
- Visit the Loopmail login page. For a current student registered at Columbia, the default log in combo is
- password: eight-digit birthday. So if your birthday is January 2, 1990, enter it in this format: 01021990. You can change your password after you successfully log in the first time.
Forwarding Loopmail to a Preferred Account
- Log in to Loopmail.
- Click the Settings link at the top right of the page.
- In the Settings window, select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the Forwarding section, enter an email address to forward Loopmail. The option to keep, archive, or delete your Loopmail will be given once it is forwarded.